How do I delete all the email addresses my internet has remembered?
When I log into facebook and email it drops down with all the email addresses anyone has ever typed in and some that are old and wrong and I want to clear these, deleting history doesn’t work :/
I use Firefox
Look for a button on you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r settings that could say cache and cookies which both can store information such as that.
On settings go into clear history and normally you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 will get a list of options to go with it such as passwords, forms etc tick all relevant ones too you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 such as cache and form, cookies etc
If you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 can’t find any of these download a program called CCleaner which will do this for you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 and many other things which will free up memory just make sure in CCleaner that all options are selected on you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r specific browser
Hope this helped
How do They get my email address to send spam ?
hI I am a mac user and at a loss as to how people get my email address to send me spam ? I have my own domain – I never give out my email address to anyone except close freinds – but non the less get lots of it? I Believe if you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 visit sites, then some sites can get you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r email address but how ?
Once you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r email address is on a spammers list it is almost impossible to get off. Right now, you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r e-mail address (along with millions of others) is on a CD being sold from the back rooms of software shops from Bangladesh to Botswanna and from Norway to the Netherlands.
However there are several things that you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 can do to prevent even more spam.
1. Start by removing you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r e-mail address from you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r Yahoo profile,if it is on it. The spam-industry has programs that are continusously crawling the web looking for the “@500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势” symbol which is a sure sign the the word before it and the domain name after it is an e-mail address!
2. Use a longer address. The spam industry uses programs that try sending e-mail to all known domain names. Example: a program might start trying to send out e-mails to everyone starting with aaaaa@500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势INVALID.com and continue down to zzzzz@500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势INVALID.com. Using a longer e-mail address will make this harder to do.
3. Never click the “Unsubscribe Link” in any e-mail. This will only confirm to the spammers that you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r e-mail address is indeed real and that you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 are reading their garbage. In fact, do not even open any e-mail from anybody you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 don’t know or trust. Many spams are not only annoying but contain viruses of other malware. Just delete ‘em without opening ‘em!.
You can however click that “Unsubscribe Me” button from businesses that are well known and that you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 trust. Walmart… Yes. Someone selling Viagra…no.
4. Open up a second e-mail account. Whenever, a website requires you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 to register using you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r e mail address, use this secondary address. There are many unscrupulous websites that will sell you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 address to others or bombard you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 with spam themselves.
5. Download a free copy of SiteAdvisor. SiteAdvisor will alert you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 when you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 search (Google, Yahoo, MSN, search only) of websites that are known to send out spam. This can help you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 avoid registering with any sites that are known to spam people.
Treat you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r e-mail address just like you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 would you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r telephone number or 500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 address….only give it out to those that you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 absolutely trust!
can I block an email address which will also give the sender a blocked message?
I want a message sent to an email address which informs the sender that his email has been blocked from my mail.
Check Mailwasher, it has such an option!
Set up you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r email account(s) in MailWasher and hit the “Check Mail” button. It then downloads all new message headers and displays message details alongside each one (priority, subject, from, to, etc.). Any email that MailWasher considers to be spam is highlighted for easy sorting.
Two checkboxes are located next to each message header: “Delete” and “Bounce”. If you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 click “Delete” the email will be marked for deletion, click “Bounce” and the mail will be marked for bouncing – a fake “address not found” email will be sent to the sender. Once you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 have decided what to bounce and delete, click “Process Mail” to get it done and you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r mail client launched for downloading all accepted emails.
MailWasher has a “blacklist” and a “friends list” to enter good and bad email addresses. Addresses in the blacklist are marked for deletion, and addresses in the friends list will be marked as okay. Filters can be set to increase MailWasher’s effectiveness. You can have email addressed to “undisclosed recipients” automatically deleted and bounced for example.
Note: the program is free but limited to one email account. MW Pro supports multiple mail accounts.
What do I do someone hacked onto my account and is sending emails to all my address list?
Last week this started; ads being sent on diet pills etc. To all on my address list
It’s pretty common..
Just change you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r password..
Also check you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r computer for virus.. If you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 don;t have a program to do this, download AVG antivirus. It is very good and free..
how do I stop unauthorized ads being sent by my email address?
I have two yahoo email accounts. Everyone in my address book, including myself is getting spam ads from my email address.
(Sorry it’s a long answer, but it’s complicated question/solution.) This has been happening to both Yahoo and Hotmail accounts, but even more so recently. Weak passwords shorter than completely random 12+ characters are a big problem! Your address may have been found in someone else’s infected computer’s address book, and is being used by spammers. You may have opened an infected Spam mail or an attachment. Some new malware can install itself just by opening it, without even clicking a link! (It only takes a few hours to crack an 8-character password!)
If none of these mails show in you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r Sent folder, it is not you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r own computer that is infected. Check there first. Deleting you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r account will NOT stop this spam – once the spammers have the address, they will continue to use it for a while.
1. Check that the alternate e-mail address is still you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势rs (Change it?), and then change both you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r password AND you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r secret questions and answers. Make them unique and strong ones!
2. Run both an anti-virus and spyware/malware scan, separately – even more than one malware scan, or Trend Micro’s Housecall for an online a-v scan. (in ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ is most effective – click F8 repeatedly when the screen first lights on boot-up, then arrow keys and Enter to navigate.)
3. Then delete cookies, cache and history in case the malware can ‘self- reproduce’ …
Also, for individual browsers, see:
4. Notify all you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势r contacts NOT to open short e-mails, especially those with no subject, and definitely not to click any links. Warn them to scan for malware too, just in case. Set up an alternate ‘alias’ account to use instead. This allows you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 to use a different address but still keep all saved mails and contacts and the first address active too for incoming mail.
Http://edit.yahoo..com/config/list_alias (alternate address)
5. If these spams/spoofs do not stop, you500彩票幸运快三怎么看走势 will need to set up a new account.
Https://edit.yahoo.com/registration?.int (new address)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers